Monday, August 17, 2015

Disc Golf Bracelet

My newest leather cuff bracelet design is for disc golf players.  I've drawn the disc golf basket by hand and chemically etched it onto the copper.



Disc golf is an activity that I first tried several years ago.  I found it quite frustrating and challenging as I was just not good.  It would take 6, 7, 8 poor throws for me to reach the basket.  I kept playing with little improvement.  (Fortunately my companions are patient.)


Finally something has clicked.  I am throwing better - which is encouraging me to play each week this Summer. I have improved considerably.  The key has been to keep trying, keep playing. This is truly essential to progress on reaching a goal or learning any new skill.

This past weekend I took part in a disc golf event called the Discraft Ace Race. For a $25 fee, participants received a T-shirt, two new discs, and some swag.  It was a very fun event with proceeds donated to the Humane Society. Rather than keep score, the objective here was to throw aces; essentially a hole-in-one.


Happy that I chose to keep trying disc golf. This gave me the confidence to take part in the event. The highlight of my day was actually making my first ace!

The pictured disc golf bracelet is now available for purchase in my Etsy shop. Do you play disc golf? What is your favorite course?

No comments:

Post a Comment