Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cat Memorial Jewelry

I love cats.  I love incorporating cats into my jewelry designs.  I also love when jewelry holds special significance for the wearer. Then, it becomes a keepsake.

In loving memory of Gandalf, the wonderful grey kitty.

A few short years back, my beloved cat passed away.  I created a necklace to honor his memory and wrote about it here on my blog.  A portion of the sale from each cat memorial necklace is donated to From the Heart Rescue.


I make cat rings in the same style as the necklace.  A customer requested the name of her sweet kitty to be inscribed inside the band, and the idea for a cat memorial ring came about.

The first cat memorial ring was in honor of Moka.

Each ring honors the memory of a dear companion while also providing funds to From the Heart Rescue. This donation is used to lower the adoption fee of a rescued cat awaiting its forever home.


The most recent ring was to commemorate Ruby. I am grateful to Ruby's owner for sharing her photo.  Isn't she beautiful?


Cat memorial rings are available for customizing / personalizing in my Etsy shop.  Each ring is made with love in hopes of helping others to heal after their loss.


2 comments:

  1. When my cat died we cremate her and after pet cremation houston we choose a necklace for a pet memorial of my beloved Lissy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for your loss, Gine. It is difficult saying goodbye to a beloved companion. I hope that you have found a special necklace in memory of your sweet Lissy.

      Delete